Version: February 2012
- INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In visiting the Site and using our Services, there are several ways that we may collect personal information from you, whether explicitly by asking you for it first, or automatically.
First, we may ask you to provide personal information as part of providing you with requested Services or when corresponding with you. This may include the following instances:
- For Members:
- When you register to use the Services, we collect certain member information. This includes your name, email address (“Contact Information”) and password created in order to be able to contact you, verify your account and allow you to log in in future instances. The signing up process also requires additional information from our members, such as your gender, height, weight, date of birth, goal weight and level of physical activity. The goal of this is to allow you to track your goals and starting point, as well as to allow us tailor certain dietary plans and services to your specific needs. In addition, our users who have signed up via FaceBook may also have provided access to additional information, such as their picture and geographic location.
- On an ongoing basis, the MakeMyPlate system allows you to provide and keep track of your dietary intake and any additional information you choose to enter. You have control over who accesses such information on your end, and if you choose to do so, you may grant viewing authorization to others. You can also limit such access and/or delete the information entered into the MakeMyPlate system at any time. Since deleted data will not be restored, you may want to print information before deleting it.
- When You Communicate With Us: When you contact us with questions, comments or for purposes of customer/technical support, we collect the information contained in your message, which may your Contact Information and any other personal information you provide. We will also collect such information when you ask to be included in our mailing lists or express an interest in hearing more about the Services, in order to send you information in the future regarding the Services, MakeMyPlate partners, related services, promotions or events.
- When You Fill Out a Survey:We may collect your Contact Information through surveys we may conduct from time to time in respect of the Services. Participation and providing information in surveys is optional.
In addition to the above, we may collect further information from you automatically. Whenever you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects and aggregates information in respect of your visit through the use of “cookies” and otherwise. This information may include referring websites, browser type, browser language, operating system, the pages that you access, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on our site (such as the pages you’ve viewed and the links clicked).
- CONTENT SUBMITTED TO PUBLIC AREAS OF THE SITE
Please note that any information which you choose to upload, post or communicate via the Services to public areas of the Site may be viewed by all users of the Site. Please be aware that such Content shall be considered public information for which you should have no expectation of privacy.
To learn more, please read MakeMyPlate's Terms.
- WHAT WE DO OR MIGHT DO WE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information provided to us to:
- Collect and store it for your use of the MakeMyPlate Services
- Contact you from time to time with critical user or service updates or other information important to support the Services. We may contact you to ensure that the information we have in our records is accurate or when in need of additional information to complete your profile
- Receive feedback and comments from you about our Services and inquire about any features you would like to see in future offerings. We may also contact you to ask for your satisfaction rate, inform you of technical issues, or offer you upgrades, promotions and additional products that you may be interested in
- Send out newsletters to you with articles and information which we believe may be of interest to you
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising
- Evaluate your use, preferences and trends for our own internal statistical and analytical purposes which we may use for marketing purposes and in respect of operations and product development
- Prevent activity we determine to be potentially illegal
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- We are required to do so by law or when necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on MakeMyPlate, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity. In all cases, such information will only be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, we may provide aggregate statistics about users, sales, traffic patterns, and other information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifiable information.
- LINKS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
- SECURING THE INFORMATION
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of the information collected and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. This includes encrypting your information transmitted and verifying your username via email.
In addition, we recommend that you do your part in protecting yourself from unauthorized access to your account by ensuring no one else uses your computer when you are logged in, by logging off from the site when it is not in use and by keeping your password confidential.
- ACCESS, MODIFICATION AND ACCURACY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
You can access and modify your MakeMyPlate account information directly by logging in here, as well as make any changes to any consent that you may have given in respect of us contacting you relating to information that you receive from us. At any time, you may also ask that your preferences as to the type of communications that you receive from us are modified in order to stop receiving them or to be added to our mailing list. You can also do this by following the instructions included in each communication or newsletter.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVATE POLICY
- CONTACTING US
Any requests for access to your information, modification of your information or questions in respect of this policy should be sent to the following email address privacy@MakeMyPlate.co.